Mentoring is to support and encourage people to manage their own learning in order that they may maximize their potential, develop their skills, improve their performance and become the person they want to be.
(Oxford School of Coaching and Mentoring)
Using mentoring in the context of “Post” Four Winds Restorative Justice Peace Making Training, we must strive for excellence for the ultimate benefit of our people.
The process of mentoring can help Peace Makers in the following ways:
- Revisit how Peace Makers develop case-by-case solutions.
- STRONGLY reinforce Peace Makers about “the how to’s” to maintain a high degree of empathy with all parties involved in an actual Peace Making Circle Assignment
- Help to boost Peace Makers confidence
- Mentoring the Peace Maker to become more self aware, and take personal responsibility
- Mentoring the importance of having a positive impact within your community.
Mentoring can be accomplished through though a variety of mediums such as:
- Additional on-site training
- Written correspondence
- Conference phone calls
- Any other method that would be more convenient.
Remember Peace Making can be one of the most important initiatives for your community in resolving disputes among your people.
Call (920) 655-3261 for pricing information regarding mentoring services.